In my early teens, I saw my Dad’s sister and brother dragged off to a mental asylum with the hereditary disease, Huntington’s Chorea. This changed my life’s dreams for-ever.
15 years later, my first real love broke-up with me in the middle of our European Camper van trip in 1981. This manipulating professional did not have the courage or concerns, for my emotional or financial state. He had encouraged me to share the trip of a life-time with him. So I’d sold my horse, left my job and financed my share of the trip. But, whilst driving through the Italian Alps, he said our relationship was over. And that he could not marry me because of the hereditary Huntington’s disease.
So, many years ago, before the internet, I started researching libraries, for ways to improve the quality of my DNA. I investigated essential nutrition and food. How it could impact on my DNA. I found that there are 3 not 4, or 5, food groups macronutrients. These are, protein, fat & carbohydrate, plus, vitamins, minerals, & water. Then learned differences between processed & unprocessed food and organic. There were many techniques, and methods of health analysis and treatment I studied. Here are some of them: nutrition, meditation, yoga, mindfulness, medicinal herbs, naturopathy, herbalism, homeopathy, religious practices, holistic & functional medicine, and conventional western medicine.
My Career as a Registered Naturopath
I quickly learned that: “Nutrition from real, ancestral food, builds the cornerstone of the quality of your body’s health and wellbeing. Modern-day-disease like heart disease and type 2 diabetes did not exist 100 years ago.” I loved my life as a Registered Naturopathic because the values are based on prevention, and taking individual responsibility for your diet and lifestyle choices. I was good at solving: waist & weight gain, digestive pain, bloating, and reflux, health problems.
Methods I Used to Help My Clients
I needed a clear individual diet, food, and lifestyle, information in great detail, from my clients. An ‘eye-opening’ technique I used was to get them to fill in a ‘7 Day Food & Snack Log.’ I was always able to link their: weight gain or painful digestive problems to conventional food policies so-called ‘healthy diet.’ I’d use felt pens to circle in RED, the chains of sugars, from the carbohydrate sugar & starch families, with BLUE, every protein which contains the essential amino acid, with GREEN, real food fat & oils, and with YELLOW, processed hydrogenated trans-fats, they had eaten over the previous 7 days. A first appointment was 1-hour long.
Another method I used at their next appointment, was to look at the labels of their favorite snacks and foods, and get them to write a list of the product names, and the carbohydrates and sugars content. The amounts and frequency of the huge families: of cereals & grains, fruits & juice, low-fat foods and, starchy vegetables clients consumed, was alarming. These are all families of foods that were processed quickly into simple chains of sugars.
Why is this important to know and understand?
- My KEY Human Anatomy and Physiology text by Elaine Marieb taught me that: ‘Insulin stored carbohydrate sugars as fat in a process called Lipogenesis. Lipogenesis is the name of the process your body uses to convert sugar and starch from carbohydrates to fat’ – STEP 3 in Natural Anti inflammatory Diet Plan in 6 Steps explains this process and provides the evidence.
Further Resources and Methods I Used as a Registered Naturopath
#1. ‘Nutrition and Physical Degeneration’ by Weston A, Price. D.D.S taught me: Modern-day processed food lacks nutrients. I showed my clients the photographic evidence of the adverse effect that modern processed food had on the physical and dental health of the children of indigenous cultures, who were forced to eat modern processed nutrient-deficient foods.
Modern Food Alters Physical Shape of Mouth
In this family, the first child to the left was most injured in the formative period as shown in the form of the face and dental arches above and x-rays below. The first child required fifty-three hours of labor and the second three hours, preceded by special nutrition of the mother” says this quote from FIG. 133. Chapter 22, Practical application of primitive wisdom, page 327, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price. DDS.
Copies are available from the following websites or your local library:
#2. The 1994 edition of the book ‘Sexual Chemistry Understanding Our Hormones, The Pill and HRT’ by Dr. Ellen Grant, taught me:
- “Cholesterol was the parent compound of our sex hormones.”
- “Chemically made versions of the three steroid sex hormones, estrogen, progesterone and, testosterone are prescribed more than ever before. They interfere with cell chemistry, and cause wide-ranging effects to future generations, like a fall in sperm count and sex-hormone-dependent cancers.”
#3. ‘Fats that Heal Fats that Kill’ the book by Udo Erasmus taught me:
- Excess glucose is stored as fat
- Mental deterioration is caused by a lack of the essential omega-3 polyunsaturated fats in the body
- Low-cholesterol levels reduce the amount of serotonin in our brain. Serotonin is a hormone neurotransmitter that suppress aggressive behavior.
- Grain allergic or intolerant people need to add extra protein to their diet. The glucose in protein is broken-down for the brain
- Processed omega-6 vegetable and plant oils are hydrogenated at great heat to make them edible for human consumption. They are the main fat & oil in baked goods and potato chips. Trans-fats are made during the refining process
- Fat calories do not trigger blood sugar or insulin
- Carbohydrate calories trigger insulin and blood sugar
#4. Clinical Nutrition: A Functional Approach by Jeffery, S. Bland, Linda Costarella, Buck Levin, DeAnn Liska, Dan Lukaczer, Barbara Schiltz, Michael A. Schmidt. A. 1999, The Institute for Functional Medicine, taught me:
- Public health guidelines do not distinguish or identify carbohydrates
- “Before diabetes was treated by insulin, diabetics were advised to consume only 20% of their total calories as carbohydrate”
- Carbohydrates transform energy from sunlight into sugar, through photosynthesis
- Carbohydrates and starch are chains of sugars
- In all cases of gas and bloating it is essential to consider hypochorhydria (low-stomach-acid) as the prime cause
- Protein sources must contain equal amounts of the essential amino acids
Diet and Techniques I Used as a Registered Naturopath
I found eating systems such as: Blood type, Paleo, Keto, Ancestral, Low carb & higher unrefined fats very helpful. My techniques were varied and depended on what sort of help, my client’s health required. Integrative Medicine suggested supplements, and Naturopathy was based on ‘Food as Thy Medicine’ so I suggested ‘real unprocessed food’ to help my clients improve their health problems by losing weight and eliminating digestive bloating, pain and reflux.
I found the Conventional food policies did not identify the 3 macronutrient food groups of protein, fat, and carbohydrate. Or educate you, on how your body’s metabolism reacts to them or uses them as nutrients. Plus, the ‘healthy eating pyramids, plates, and guidelines are loaded with the plant families of sugars and refined heat-processed plant and seed oils.
What Are Conventional Food Policies: Are They Dangerous?
Conventional food policies are: so-called ‘healthy low-fat, high refined grains & cereals, and 3-5 fruits per day’ The wrong advice, and non-classification of the huge families of carbohydrates sugars (fructose, glucose, galactose, lactose & starch), has made us all believe that eating 75% of grains, fruit, starchy vegetables, & dairy at each meal and 100% for snacks builds wellbeing inside our bodies. The DANGERS & WAYS our body’s metabolism processes, glucose and, fructose, are not explained by the conventional government nutritional websites or our doctors.
STEP 3.1: in ‘Natural Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan in 6 Steps’ explains a list of 5 things you need to know about the carbohydrate sugar, fructose.
STEP 3.2: in ‘Natural Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan in 6 Steps’ explains what excess refined carbohydrates are. Plus, it also shows you a diagram that will help you identify them.
Health Problems Conventional Food Policies and Medical Care Caused Me, My Family and Friend
- Trans fat margarine and hydrogenated vegetable oils killed my Dad – His traditional animal-based fats and butter had not been part of my Dads diet for many years.
- Low-fat diets increase my belly fat and waist size – Nurses accused me of lying about following their low-fat mainly carbohydrate diet plan.
- Rangi feared adding insulin balancing fats to his diet. His Doctors low fat diet, recommendations meant that each meal and snack contained a minimum of 75% of the chains of sugars from; fructose, glucose, galactose, lactose & starch. This caused beta-cell burnout of Rangi’s pancreas and killed him – Rangi asked me to let everyone know to – “Please look after their pancreas”.
- Could the recommended, so-called ‘healthy fats’, from the huge families of omega 6 plant oils, fake butter, and margarine; trigger my DNA to create symptoms of the hereditary Huntington’s disease, my genes carry? I have a half-sister 15 years younger than me, who has been diagnosed with Huntington’s disease.
YES, says Chapter 9, in The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. Evidence shows that: vegetable oils interfere with your DNA and RNA and damage basic cell function. They are implicated in neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s. In mice studies, they trigger inflammation and infection.
VIEW Vegetable Oils: The Unknown Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2UnOryQiIY
Endemic Health Problems Caused by Conventional Food Policies Are:
Weight gain, loss of your waist, digestive bloating, pain, reflux, constipation, high blood pressure, heart disease & stroke, type 2 diabetes and beta-cell burnout of your pancreas, upper respiratory infections and asthma, plus, unresolved inflammation, and fatty liver caused by fructose by-passing insulin, then being stored as fat by the lipogenesis process.
How Cholesterol Detectives Can Help You:
Are you are ‘sick and tired, of being sick and tired’ every day? Do you want to feel vital and alive every day?
Do you follow Conventional Food Policies?
If you want to feel vital and alive, then you must be prepared to RE-THINK the number of carbohydrate sugars and processed vegetable and plant fat & oils, you eat at every meal and snack time.
Will those you love the most, steal your dreams of wanting to feel vital and alive each day and keep you inside herd thinking?
But are your eyes and mind open to re-think cholesterol?
Learn how: inflammation not cholesterol causes heart disease. How cholesterol is a vital fat nutrient, which is needed and mostly made inside your body. Read about how cholesterol is needed and made by your body:
- 9 Ways Low Cholesterol Levels Harm Your Health
- What is Cholesterol Made of in The Body
- What is Cholesterol: New Research
- How Cholesterol Lowering Medication Harms You
- How Cholesterol is Made in Your Body By the Food You Eat
This ‘Whistle Blowing Cardiologist’ found fat and cholesterol did not clog arteries. He discovered that modern-day processed foods trigger inflammation inside the wall linings of arteries, blood vessels, and every cell inside the body:
FIRSTLY, he discovered: Our diet is overloaded with sugars, not fat
SECONDLY, he discovered: Our diets and processed food, is overloaded with vegetable oils and plant oil like canola, corn, soy, cotton, safflower, and sunflower. This causes an omega-3: Omega-6 imbalance and triggers inflammation inside your cells
THIRDLY, blood pressure, cholesterol-lowering and, diabetes medical drugs do not fix the root causes. The US National Library of Medicine said in 2014 that hypotension medication does not fix the reason why you’ve got high blood pressure.
What reduces unresolved inflammation?
Anti-inflammatory food, diets, and remedies do. But how do you know how much-unresolved inflammation is in your body? – Get two base-line blood tests:
STEP 1 & STEP 2: Here are two blood tests that let you know if you are eating enough anti-inflammatory food, or too much inflammation triggering food in your diet
#1. What fats are you eating every day?
This blood test tells you what your red blood cells omega-3 to omega-6 balance score is. Get your omega-3 to omega-6 score as soon as you can. It ought to be 1:1 but will likely be more than 1:16. – Don’t listen to ‘your vitality stealers’ by not getting this test.
#2. Do you know how much glucose is attached to, and attacking your red blood cells?
Knowing your A1C – Glycated Hemoglobin blood test lets you know when glucose is attached to your red blood cells and causing inflammation by damaging the internal walls of your arteries.
Get your A1C test as soon as you can. 0% is healthy and means NO glycated sugar is attached to your red blood cells.
Damaged Red Blood Cells and Fibrinogen Clump
STEP 3: Avoid These Foods
These foods are all chains of sugars when processed in your body
- Chains of sugars in fruits and fruit juices
- Refined and whole grains and cereals
- All low-fat brands of food
- Potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, kumara (sweet potato), corn and beets
- Fructose corn syrup products do not trigger insulin. But triggers your liver to store it as fat. This causes fatty liver
- Omega-6 plant and vegetable oils like, canola, corn, soy, vegetable, cotton, sunflower, and safflower are chemically refined at high heat by hydrogenation. This has created an imbalance and high ratio of omega-6: to omega-3. A high ratio of 16:1, instead of 1:1. This triggers inflammation inside your cell walls because your body has had to use them as structural ingredients.
RJ is an ethical Citizen Scientist who is passionate about help imprint into your DNA that: your food is unknowingly triggering inflammation inside your body. She has lived with the ‘spin’ from the Multinationals all her life, so provides evidence from Medical Publications, on how inflammation, not cholesterol causes heart disease. Plus, what blood tests you need to identify: how sugars damage your red blood cells, and how vegetable, canola, corn & soy oils (to name a few) change the balance of healthy fats in your red blood cells. Baseline foundation solutions and remedies are: a natural anti-inflammatory; diet plan, herbs, and supplements.
Thank you for visiting this site. I truly love and respect you when you take a positive interest, you are so very welcome. When you are full of spin and do not respect my freedom and the evidence that I present here, you are NOT welcome.
May your Health & Wellbeing journey find clarity of essential information so that you can rebuild the quality of your own DNA.
RJ is an Evidence-Based Investigator
Citizen Science by RJ